Saturday, March 15, 2008

Last Night's Gig Went Pretty Well.

De-Tension played last night at a local outdoor plaza. There was a head count of about 100 people that showed up and actually stayed through both sets. There were a few blunders here and there plus it was very difficult hearing everybody since we practice in a circle. But overall everything went very well.

The head of entertainment was present and was bummed that she has no more available bookings until October of this year. Hopefully we'll get contacted if someone cancels. But this time, I'd really rather be at the opposite end of the mall so that we can turn up a little more.

Here's a few samples of the songs we played.
Is She Really Going Out With Him.


Just What I Needed.

5 comments:

Calvin C. said...

That's really cool, man.

Your tone is rockin'!

Calvin C. said...

What are you using for your overdrive tone here? Are you stacking the Barber unit and the Seymour Duncan unit or playing them separately?

I really like how it sounds and my perpetual quest for a pedal to stack with the TS808 has started me wondering..

Calvin C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
03/03/1974 - 02/09/2010 said...

No stacking, just the Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic's dirt channels.

What I did for the main part of the song is use my solo channel and roll my volume down to about 5 on my guitar. Then when the solo hits, you'll notice I roll up my guitar volume to 10 and go for it.

That tone is coming from the bridge pickup of my Strat too. What's cool about that pedal is that you can control your bass and treble overall, and control your crunch and solo's gain and volume independently. Very versitile pedal.

So what I have is the Barber LTD (quasi TS-808) for my natural "tube driven" overdrive tone (low gain Hendrix style), SD crunch set to a little harder overdrive (Smashmouth/Zepplin tone) and then my solo is saturated distortion. I roll my guitar volume down a bit to get in between the crunch and solo tone.

The SD does stack very well as a overdrive boost when I use it with the Barber LTD. Notes are still pretty clear which is common to loose when you're stacking pedals. Sometimes stacking alters your 1st pedal's tone too much. The SD doesn't overly push the original signal out of the way. It retains it's original tonal quality very well.

I would imagine your Tone-bone pedal would work the same. ????

Calvin C. said...

Not exactly. The Tonebone is really smooth distortion. Definitely a distortion more than an overdrive