Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"Oranges, Poranges, Who Said, There Ain't No Rhyme For Oranges."

Those of you who grew up with Sid and Marty Kroft Saturday morning shows from the 70's should remember that line from H.R. Puffinstuff. I believe the character "Witchie Poo" was the one who sang it.

Uh.......yeah..well, anyway...I made some oranges today. I used some birch wood and decided to see if I was able to make convincing wooden oranges for the Orange Crate guitar. Things are really starting to gel on this project. I want each one to look a little different so that's why the one on the left looks a little more uniform in color than the one on the right.
Not bad for my first try.

5 comments:

TheEpicBeat said...

Those Oranges are made of wood????

Seriously?

That's pretty cool!

Fooled me.

Christina Ellis said...

I'm with Adam...those are real? They look awesome Dave!

Anonymous said...

and yes

Anonymous said...

and yes again.

Anonymous said...

who said there ain't no rhyme for oranges.