Friday, December 5, 2008

New Obsession: Fender J. Mascis Jazzmaster



Well I blew it again and missed out on winning the auction of my old '87 Fender Strat Plus. I guess the original owner will never reunite again. So I've sold off a few Stewmade guitars to finally obsess over this gem, the Fender J. Mascis (Dinosaur Jr. fame) purple sparkle Jazzmaster. It's like the Jaguar except it's got bigger single coil pickups and is 25" scale. I've heard that the pickups are garbage on this model but that can be fixed easily with some Lollar Jazzmaster pickups. Prince would be envyous.

4 comments:

Calvin C. said...

dude. Jazzmasters are soooo much cooler than jags. My personal favorite JM model is the Elvis costello one. Love Elvis Costello. Love the guitar.

I'm thinking of purchasing a Classic Player, myself..

03/03/1974 - 02/09/2010 said...

I'll bet you've already taled to your uncle about this guitar? Maybe a Candy Apple Red one at Best Buy in particular?

I'm torn between that guitar and the jazzmaster.

And hey, take that back about the Jag. (LOL) You've seen my Custom Shop Jag, right?

brian said...

Am I the only one who's not so sure about a metalic purple guitar?

Calvin C. said...

na, it looks as though that guy doesn't dig the purple sparkle either. ^