Sunday, December 2, 2007

Unbelieveable CelArts Worship Ministry Experience.

Wow. I'm placing my most uplifting blog to date. This weekend was amazing. Besides having to play with some amazing voices and musicians, there was something in the air about performing this weekend. I was so in "the zone" spiritually. I'm not sure if it was the particular arrangements or God giving me a hug of confidence to get me through this upcoming week.

I was almost moved to tears while performing two of our last songs. The songs I’m referring to; "The First Noel" & "What Child Is This". These were not done in the traditional arrangements that you've heard Andy Williams sing over the years.

I don't know if it was from being in such close proximity so that I could closely hear everything that was going on. While I was playing, I could feel that I was no longer conscious of myself but was able to listen to everything else going on around me. Mind you I was not playing bad notes, but it was like my hands were on auto-pilot. Brad was running straight out of my monitor (reference speaker that enables me to hear the rest of the band), so his notes were moving me to play to my best abilities. Ian, wow, great time and groove that I've never experienced before while Jason was right there on every kick beat (the beat that the bass drum hits, big deal with bass players and drummers).

I dunno, just an overwhelming feeling of emotion came over me while playing. It allowed me to completely relax and do my thing. But those last two songs.....really had to do the man thing and bite my lower lip. Wow.......wow. I know, corny huh? Something magical about those two songs because it happened with each service, highest sensation at the last service though.

I even got to talk to some people I normally don't get to talk to. It's the most I've spoken to Brad, and I even got to spend some time yakin' with Ian over a breakfast burrito (we found out some privileged information regarding CelArts and the Hub on weekends....hmmmmm.) BTW, who labeled the two salsas at the condiments table as "Macho Spicy" and "Wimpy Mild"?

Thank you for the boost I needed Jesus.




No comments: