Saturday, February 9, 2008

StewMade guitar #2 for 2008: The Orange Crate Guitar!

Ok, you're probably thinking I'm nuts, right? Well, I guess we'll see. My idea is to hollow out the main guitar body, fill the inside with fake oranges (anchored, not rattling around), then glue crate like planks over the top, exposing the oranges between strategically spaced areas and then using some type of citrus producing type label on a couple planks.

This should be the end of my one of a kind ideas for 2008. Although I do have to fit in a guitar that will be painted by Libby. She's very good at abstract art so I promised her that this year she will be able to do whatever she wants and then I'll clear it over and build around it. It will be a 75/25 input, her favor.

Also in the works, a StewMade bass and another boat guitar and "Longboard" guitar. So it looks like 6 guitars are in the works for 2008. The bass idea will be a surprise and will be due out this Fall. Plus a new StewMade t-shirt design.

You're probably asking, "Um, is there a website somewhere in those plans"? I think my fear in the website is that it will squelch my creativity by placing orders that others want. I love stretching out my imagination on these weird quirky one-off builds. I guess I won't have time for my x-ray guitar this year. That was going to be quite an ambitious attempt. Keep reminding me. Maybe if I see enough off this year, I'll get to squeeze that one in before Christmas. Later.

6 comments:

TheEpicBeat said...

I like this idea? You need to work in a raincross etched onto the neckplate.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

If you fear the website, how about producing a 'showcase' page, perhaps as part of the blog? Something showing all the guitars you've made, with links to pics to show off the details? That way when people talk about your work, they'll have a direct link they can use to show people what they are talking about. For minimal effort perhaps you could use a Flickr page?

03/03/1974 - 02/09/2010 said...

Hey, Rik.
It's funny, I've had two people suggest getting a Flickr page. Stupid website.

03/03/1974 - 02/09/2010 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

We all just want to be cool vicariously! Besides, it would give me something nice to link to from my blog ;)