Monday, November 12, 2007

Does Somebody Resemble A Certain "Rev" At The Grove?


Need a hint? Look at the gentleman at the far right. Look at the eyes. Do you see it?


My family and I were out of town while the polyurethane was drying on our new wood floors (24 dry time). So we went down to visit my wife's grandmother at Laguna Beach. Some might not know this but my wife's grandfather, Bill, was the brother to Pastor Tom's Dad. My wife has mentioned in a few sermons how there are certain expressions of Tom that remind her of her grandfather. Unfortunately I never got to meet my grandfather-in-law. I've heard some stories but I'm sure I'm not getting the full impression.

Anyway, I came across this picture of a wedding sometime in the 1930's. Ever see that round house up on top of Pachapa Drive (the mountain), Bill and Doris (wife's grandmother) used to live in that house during the 40's. I thought the family resemblance was remarkable.

No comments: