Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Hint Of Early Southern California.

I took some pictures in Redlands on my day off. Originally I was headed for The Guitar Center and found myself in Redland's "Prospect Park". The entire block is full of orange groves and with the newly snow capped mountains as a back drop, I could not resist the opportunity.

After viewing these pics, I could not help wondering if this was the common image of the early 20th Century's citrus groves. I know my neighborhood used to look just like this.

I miss the vast rows of orange groves. I used to play along the dirt alleys that lined the trees. It seemed like the rows would go on for miles. It was a great time and unfortunately my simple camera did not to my view justice. Enjoy anyway.



1 comment:

TheEpicBeat said...

Very nice man...you should start a flickr account...this sounds like spam...flickr would let you post these into groups with like-minded Inland Empire peeps.